Formula 1 2020 Calendar
Formula 1 is getting set to descend on the South East Asian country of Vietnam in 2020. Vietnam becomes only the third country in this minor Asian region to host an F1 race after Malaysia and Singapore. The promoters, Vietnam Grand Prix Corporation, today announced official logo and the track’s grandstands’ titles for the upcoming race to be held from 3 – 5 April.
The Vietnamese GP takes place on the Hanoi Circuit. The track grandstands take up the country’s most famous and important landmarks, major cities and provinces. Hanoi circuit features 23 turns and a distance of 5,607 km. With a combination of high speed and slow corners, the track has a good blend of street and regular circuit configuration. There are as many as three overtaking points.
Here’s a breakdown of the Grandstands at F1’s newest track:
• Thăng Long Grandstand – Located along the Starting Grid, this stand takes its title from Hanoi’s traditional name – meaning a rising dragon – and symbolizes the constant growth and development of the city.
• Hải Phòng Grandstand – positioned by Turn 1, this is named after the major port city that also functions as an industrial centre and the largest seaport in the North of Vietnam. This is also the third largest city in the country, the second in the North and one of the five municipalities.
• Hạ Long Grandstand – Positioned at the winding arc that makes up Turns 2-4, this Grandstand is named after Ha Long Bay, the world-famous UNESCO World Natural Heritage, considered to be one of the most beautiful natural settings on the planet and also renowned as the mythical home of dragons.
• Huế Matrix One Grandstand – This Grandstand is situated at the tricky Turn 7-8 sequence and is named after the central Vietnamese city – another UNESCO Heritage Centre – that was the seat of Nguyen Dynasty emperors and the national capital from 1802 to 1945. The Hue Matrix One Grandstand is sponsored by MIK Group.
• Đà Nẵng Grandstand – this stand is located just past Turn 10 and is named after Vietnam’s fourth largest city, the key economic region of the Central area of Vietnam, famous for its white sand beaches, Ba Na Mountain, Son Tra peninsula & Marble Mountain….
• Nha Trang Grandstand – Set just before Turn 11, this is named after the famous coastal resort city in southern Vietnam famed for its beaches, diving sites and offshore islands in Nha Trang Bay, commonly referred to as ‘The Pearl of the East Sea” and one of Vietnam’s most popular tourist destinations.
• Sài Gòn Grandstand – Situated at Turn 12, this is named after Vietnam’s largest city’s former name. One of the most important economic, cultural, political and educational centers of Vietnam, it is famous for its Ben Thanh market as well as the stunning Nguyen Hue street, Independence Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and most recently the Landmark 81 building – tallest in Southeast Asia.
• Cần Thơ Grandstand – found by Turn 13, this Grandstand takes its name from the bustling city in southern Vietnam’s Mekong Delta region, celebrated for its canal network, nearby floating markets and fruitful orchards.
• Phú Quốc Grandstand – located by turn 22-23, this grandstand is named after the largest island in Vietnam also known as Jade Island due to its picturesque beaches and magnificent landscapes such as the Phu Quoc National Park, An Thoi archipelago, Van Ninh fishing village and the Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc (the first and largest semi-wild zoo in Vietnam).
For the inaugural Vietnam GP, tickets are already on sale. If you haven’t gotten your tickets, you might want to check out www.f1vietnamgp.com or call the hotline: at 1900 232428 or 0915 73 44 66
2020 Formula 1 Calendar
This season’s Formula 1 calendar features 22 races around the world. Vietnam is listed third on the calendar after the Australian and Bahrain Grands Prix.
|7||24 MAY||MONACO||Monte Carlo|
|10||28 JUN||FRANCE||Le Castellet|
|12||19 JUL||GREAT BRITAIN||Silverstone|
|19||25 OCT||UNITED STATES||Austin|
|20||1 NOV||MEXICO CITY||Mexico City|
|21||15 NOV||BRAZIL||Sao Paulo|
|22||29 NOV||ABU DHABI||Yas Island|